My newest sponsored ACR beacon:
At 4.6 oz, the ResQLink™ weighs less than a couple of energy bars. And topping just 3.9 inches, it’s smaller than the cell phone in your pocket. Small and mighty, the ResQLink™ is a full-powered, GPS-enabled rescue beacon designed for anglers, pilots and back country sportsmen.
I like to thank ACR for presenting me at Outdoor Retailer with their new SARLink View PLB. This is supposingly the most advanced PLB technologie on the market by now. They included an “OK” message and GPS location map function, which makes it most versatile for all needs.
I chose the SARLink View PLB (non-floating) opposite to the AquaLink View (which floats itself) as it is a bit smaller and is fitting in my PFD pocket better where it is clipped to a ring anyway. It would have an optional floating pocket if you think the PFD isn’t enough floatation…but both products are best. I just hope I’ll never have to use it in emergency…but could play around with the new “OK” functions and GPS location map on my next trip!
NEW FEATURES: Send I’m OK Messages and GPS Location Maps. Increase the functionality of your PLB with optional 406Link.com non-emergency messaging service.
GPS-Integrated Personal Locator Beacon with Digital Display
The SARLink™ broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that not only tells rescuers where you are, but who you are. The onboard GPS can fix your position to within 100 meters and then utilizes a powerful 406 MHz signal to relay your distress call to orbiting SAR satellites. As local Search and Rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your location.
The SARLink View™ takes PLB technology one step further with its breakthrough digital display. In an emergency, the high-visibility screen provides automatic prompts for optimizing the beacon and confirms critical data such as your exact GPS coordinates, data bursts and remaining battery power. Additional functionality allows the user to test and view GPS coordinates multiple times with minimal impact on useful battery life.
Calm in the Storm
The SARLink View’s digital display provides a measure of calm in an emergency — displaying critical data so that you know the beacon is working to summon help.
• Most sensitive internal GPS in the industry, pinpointing your exact location faster than standard GPS-enabled
• High efficiency electronics = performance you can count on
• Professional grade design tested and built for years of backcountry use
• Feature-rich self-test display
• Super Bright LED Strobe
• On Board 66 Channel GPS
• Typical Performance 30 Hours
• Made in the U.S.A
Increase the functionality of your SARLink View with optional 406Link nonemergency
Product Number: 2885
Model Number: PLB-350 C
Size: 2.25 x 5.88 x 1.29” (5.72 x 14.94 x 3.28 cm)
Weight: 8.9 oz (258g) with lanyard
Battery: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium battery packs; 6 years from date of manufacture.
11 year storage
Material: Engineered polycarbonate blend
Color: High visibility ACR-treuse™
Operation: 2 steps: deploy antenna, press ON button, giving clear view of sky
Waterproof: 16.40ft (5 m) @ 1 hr., 33 ft (10 m) @ 10 min.
Factory tested: @ 70°F, exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements
Radiated Power: 6.3 W (406 MHz), 50 mW +/-3dB (121.5 MHz)
Operational Life: Exceeds required 24 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C)
Typical Performance: 30 Hours @ -4°F (-20°C) Longer in higher ambient temperatures
Storage: -40°F to + 158°F (-40°C to +70°C)
Accessories: Attachment clip included, Optional flotation pouch (P/N 9504)
Certification: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, Canada, R&TTE
Limited Warranty: 5 years
Lead Free: Yes
Please check the ACR website for a press release about my trip!
They will be an essential pieces of safety equipment on my expedition around Australia and will stay attached to my PFD all the time. Even when I won’t wear it all the time, I’ll have the PFD clipped to my spray deck loop and stored on the spraydeck while not wearing it. So just in case, it’s still always with me!
- Smallest, lightest, most function-rich PLB alerts Search and Rescue to your precise location in an emergency.
- Transmits on 406 MHz (COSPAS-SARSAT) with your registered, unique, digitally-coded distress signal, and 121.5 MHz (SAR homing frequency).
- Exclusive built-in GPS technology is finely tuned for optimum performance.
- 100 meter position accuracy when GPS coordinates are present.
- Easy to activate by novice user, simply deploy antenna to reveal “ON/OFF” activation button, hold for 1 second.
- PLB has circuitry, battery power/voltage and GPS acquisition test features built in.
- Exceeds required 24 hour operating life at -20°C (-4°F), typical operating life: 40 hours @ -20°C (-4°F), 8 hours @ -40°C (-40°F).
- Attachment clip mounts to back of PLB to easily clip onto life jacket, belt, backpack, etc.
- Flotation pouch attached to prevent loss if dropped in water, easy to remove from pouch, simply pull down on lanyard.
- Bungee lanyard allows for PLB to be easily secured preventing loss, comfortable to wear around neck.
- ACR beacons are used by the U.S. military, U.S. Coast Guard, NATO and Arctic explorers.
- Exceeds RTCM waterproof requirements for Category 1 (buoyant) PLBs, tested to 5 meters.
- High impact plastic case designed to withstand exposure to UV rays, oil, sea water and raft packing.
- 5-year limited warranty.
- 5-year replacement life lithium battery.
Size: 4.75 x 2.2 x 1.2 in (12.1 x 5.6 x 3.0 cm)
Weight: 3.8 oz (105 g) with Lithium batteries